From 1st January 2021 the way we ship orders to our customers in Europe has changed.
Orders shipped from the UK to Europe are now subject to customs clearance.
TRS&Co ships orders using two different shipping methods depending on the size of the order.
ORDERS SHIPPING BY COURIER (UPS) IN CARTONS
- Orders are now subject to VAT/TVA at your country's domesic rate and are delivered DDU (delivered duty unpaid).
- VAT/TVA is collected by the UPS and must be paid in advance of delivery. These charges may be detailed as government or customs charges.
- VAT/TVA can be reclaimed in your tax returns the same is if you were buying goods or services domestically.
- In order to avoid delays to your shipment, please follow the tracking number we provide when your order ships. UPS will provide a payment link once your order clears customs for any VAT/TVA or duties that are due.
ORDERS SHIPPING ON PALLETS BY ROAD
- Orders over our carriage paid threshold of €1750 generally ship by pallet and are delivered DDP (Delivered Duty Paid).
- The carrier does not collect VAT/TVA on these orders but you will generally be required to declare the shipment value in your own tax returns.
To expedite shipment of your orders please ensure you provide the following information when you place your order so we can ensure that all shipping documentation is correct.
1. A contact name, phone number and email address for our carrier.
2. Your VAT/TVA number.
3. Your EORI number (Economic Operators Registration and Identification number). If you do not already have an EORI number this can usually be applied for on-line and should be a quick and simple process.
If you are contacted by any of our shipping partners regarding additional paperwork requirements for customs clearance please email us and we will do our best to provide these directly.
Most of the products that TRS&Co sells do not qualify for duties or tariffs although there may be a few exceptions where a small amount of duty will be incurred. The free trade agreement between the UK and Europe means that there are no duties and tariffs on most goods originating from the UK.
If you have any questions or queries, please get in touch with us by email.
In addition to the above we are encountering some occassional issues in various EU member states on the implementation of the new EU REGULATION (EU) 2019/1020 which pertains to EU market surveillance and compliance of products. The issues seem to specifically impact Cosmetics which are in fact already covered by REGULATION (EC) No 1223/20091 of the European Parliament on Cosmetic Products. As article 4. of REGULATION (EU) 2019/1020 clearly states the framework for market surveillance established by this Regulation is designed to complement and strengthen existing provisions, but only where there are no specific provisions with the same objective already in effect. It goes on to clearly state that the new regulations do not apply where Regulations (EC) No 1223/2009 already applies.
We would like to reassure all of our EU based customers that the Cosmetic Products TRS&Co Exports to the EU are fully compliant with all aspects of EC No.1223/2009. In addition, they are registered on the EU Cosmetic Product Notification Portal (CPNP) and labelled with a responsible person address in Northern Ireland as allowed under the terms of the Northern Ireland protocol. The Responsible Person address is TRS & CO (N.I.) LIMITED, Belfast, Northern Ireland BT5 5AD
We have writtent to the relevant customs authorities to address this issue and hope that as the various customs authoristies become more familiar with EU Regulation 2019/1020, andy delays and returns will become less frequent.